It took a little over a year, but it’s finally here: Dooodl 1.1.0 1.1.1 is a fact!
What has been done?
- You can now manage the Dooodl’s that were submitted to your blog.
- I even went one better: There’s now an option that enables you to first approve Dooodls before they appear on the site.
- You can choose to get an email everytime a new Dooodl is submitted (with links to approve, disapprove or delete the new Dooodl)
- Your blog, your style: You can make the Flash Gallery and the HTML gallery look exactly the way you want (well, you can choose the colors 😉 )
- What’s better than choosing the colors of the gallery? Being able to completely edit the look of the widget so it fits into your theme perfectly!
- Don’t like the Flash gallery? Disable it in the Dooodl settings. Hurray for Flash-haters!
- Previous versions would load all Dooodls at once. That is now history: I added endless scrolling to the HTML version: People with lots of Dooodls will have less trouble showing the HTML version from now on.
I’m really excited about this release because Dooodl has now finally grown up. It’s able to fit in to your theme using the different options.
It finally fits your philosophy too as from now on you can choose to moderate them!
If you haven’t got Dooodl yet, but this release sparks some love for a fun plugin, I’d say: Go get it! It’s free and it will be a good laugh. More than 4200 downloads can’t be wrong!
Oh and by the way: I wanted to take a moment and thank every single one of you guys for downloading and installing the plugin! Seeing that many people use something I created really excites me to make things even better! Thanks for the continuous support and suggestions! You guys rock!
And as always, if you have problems, suggestions, questions: Go crazy in the comments! Drop me a line if you like it! I’d love to see how it looks/works on your site!
A few people commented they didn’t get the widget to show up in the sidebar automatically. That’s because you need to add it to the sidebar yourself. But don’t worry: It’s easy!
- Go to the WP-admin
- Go to the Appearance panel
- Select the Widgets-submenu
- Drag the Dooodl-widget into your sidebar
- Done. Ready. Finito. Party!!!
If you don’t see a sidebar in your widget-manager, it means your theme is not widget ready. In that case you can use the Dooodl PHP template tags, somewhere in your theme (yes I really thought of everything!) where you’d like the widget to show up. Use this code:
<? if (function_exists("Dooodl_widget")) Dooodl_widget(); ?>
There you go! Good luck!